Monday, September 20, 2010

Swimming and gum

Reed is swimming! Well, Reed is taking swimming lessons with Alex for the first time. He's had a little bit of a hard time staying in the water, but he's getting there. Today, he did some great kicks and only fussed a little bit. Alex, meanwhile, is diving in, swimming across the pool and doing the backstroke. Once Reed goes a few more times, I think they will both love taking lessons together!

On another note...one thing I never really think about is how I learned to chew gum. It's sort of like walking and running, you just know how to do it. But, apparently not. Alex has been very interested in chewing gum for a while and we've just never had the opportunity to give him any. Well, tonight, I was having a piece of juicy fruit and he decided to try it too. He was very unsure about the texture and ending up breaking it into small bites. It all came out before he really chewed it and I'm not sure he really liked it all that much. I think it might be a while before we try that lesson again!

No comments: