Friday, February 27, 2009

Family of the Week

I think one of the best things about having kids is school projects. I live for this stuff. And since I'll never have a girl to do fun craft projects with, I figure I better enjoy it now while Alex is willing to tolerate the hour it takes to make his poster "cute". So, this afternoon, Alex and I sat down with scissors and glue to make his poster for "family of the week". He picked out the pictures he wanted to use, I put glue on them and he stuck them on (with a little help to make sure it was cute, of course). I think the result is fun and it's a great keepsake for his pre-k year.



Another part of family of the week is bringing home Freddie the Frog. Now, this can be a little confusing since we also have Freddie, the magic Christmas Elf, but fortunately Alex hasn't made the connection yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Anyway, Freddie comes home in a backpack with two frog books and a journal. Freddie will spend the week with us, we'll take some photos and complete the next chapter in Freddie's journal through the class. He took a minute out of his busy schedule to pose with Alex at bedtime.

No comments: