Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time flies


When I took this picture a few nights ago, it occurred to me that we were in this exact spot not so long ago...

Just a little over 18 months ago, we brought Reed home from the NICU to meet his big brother for the first time. Reed was 5 weeks old and Alex was only 2 1/2.

It seems like we say "just imagine how much fun it will be when..." and it's nice to have moments like this to remind us how far we've come in such a short time. I don't know that I could have ever imagined how much they would love each other and how much fun they would have together.

I often have the following conversation with Alex:
Me: Alex, you're going to stay little forever, right?
Alex: No, Mommy, I'm already BIG!
Me: But you're not going to get any bigger, right? You'll stay this size forever.
Alex: No, Mommy. I am going to be super big...enormous. I am going to be FIVE.

Here's to my two favorite big boys!

No comments: