Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Light up shoes


Alex has been wanting light up shoes FOREVER. Each time we go to Target, he begs for them, and he always talks about his friend at school that has a pair. I've always put him off because gimmicky things like that bug me. But, this weekend, Alex was looking through a bag of hand-me-down shoes for Reed and he found some light up sandals! Of course, they were too small for Alex, but he wistfully helped Reed put them on. After a day of watching Reed wear his light up shoes, Alex just couldn't take it anymore. He HAD to have a pair.

So, Monday after school we went to "the place where they have all those rows and rows of shoes" and got some light up shoes. Just by chance, they are also Spiderman, so he really, really loves them. Tonight, when I went in to check on him after he'd gone to bed, I saw little lights peeking out from his blanket. He was sitting in bed, quietly tapping the shoes together to make them light up. It was so cute, I just let him sleep with them in his bed! Sometimes, good things are worth waiting for.

No comments: