Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sand and tomatoes

Today we filled up the sandbox under the fort, and Alex and Reed had a good time playing (and throwing) some sand. We had to take a bath to get the sand out of their eyelashes - oh, my.


























In unrelated news, we have the world's largest tomato plant growing in our backyard. This has been confirmed by a Master Gardener, aka Grandma. She was also the gifter of said plant. I was fully convinced that it would never grow, but I stuck it in a pot with some 3 year old potting soil anyway (that tells you how often I have a need for potting soil - not to mention that the bag was left in our back yard when we bought the house!) and crossed my fingers. I guess it worked! Over the last month, it has outgrown two tomato cages and has TONS of little baby tomatoes on it. Alex and Reed are thrilled and I can't wait to try them!


No comments: